Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sammy Davis City

Guitar Slinger was Brian Setzer's best album with the Orchestra... seriously. No, seriously, go listen to it sometime, it was the perfect balance between old rock / country, modern rockabilly, and big band. Uh.. anyway...

I'm hoping to bring a new era to David's Video Game Insanity today. I actually beat a game over this past week. Then today I sat down and wrote a review of it. And, well, it was pretty damn smooth. I actually enjoyed doing it. This is a pretty big change over how it's been over the past two years, especially this past year. I don't know when it began but playing games started to take a back seat to writing about them, and then I got to the point where I really didn't want to do either. That's pretty damn sad. I also wrote an editorial over at DVGI today that explains how I think this came to be. The important thing is that I think it's no longer an issue. I also got in touch with Retrogaming Times Monthly and let them know what was up, that once again I'd be missing an issue but in November I should be back full force. That was a nice feeling as well. If you're super interested I suggest reading the editorial, it puts it better than I can put it down again.

In other news, I'll have a Vectrex home arcade system heading my way next week. A great little piece of early 1980's technology. Once it's in my hands (or on my table I should say) I'd love to do some solid reviews, since there really aren't a lot out there.

No comments: