Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Christmas Spectacular 2012: DAY 1 - American Flyer Trains

Okay, last year it was a Christmas song a day from my rather eclectic collection of holiday music (ie I listen to everything). This time it's a little different. I love advertising, it's like totally my thing. Sadly internet advertising isn't anywhere near a replacement for television advertising. That's sad and with the decline of television viewership we will see cheaper and cheaper ads on TV. That's why you see the same woman trying to sell you 3 Day Blinds, sexual lubricant, Mercury insurance, dog treats, etc. However, it wasn't always that way...

For the next 20 days, there will be one advertisement posted per day, some of my favorites. They don't all have to specifically be holiday based but they will all pertain to a product or service associated with Christmas. With that, here we ho ho go...

InsaneDavid Presents: Christmas Spectacular 2012: Advertisements

DAY 1 - American Flyer Trains

I've never had a soft spot for American Flyer, probably because their heyday was long before my time and although I grew up model railroading, there was never a brand affiliation. Honestly I don't care for S gauge or O37 gauge railroading anyway (for whatever reason I've always been primarily N scale although I grew up with HO and G), but that doesn't mean I disrespect it. Trains are an inherent part of Christmas. A tree without a train running lazy circles underneath is like a tree without decorations. Here we have a nice, innocent advertisement for American Flyer trains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcjMzWNb-g

No comments: